Whether you graduated a year, a decade, or a generation ago, all of our band, choir, orchestra, color guard alumni are invited to reconnect with your former classmates, directors, and friends on Friday, September 15.
Our September 15, 2023 Homecoming Game Alumni Performance
All LHS Music Department alumni are invited to join us for our 9/15 Homecoming Game!
The Pre-Game and Half-Time Music can be found on our Lean Page: https://www.leydenband.org/learn/
- West Leyden Stadium
- For alumni whose schedules allow, please join the band at 6:20 PM, West Leyden band room (otherwise, join us when you can)!
- Our pre-game performance is 6:54 PM (anticipated time, pending the flow of the preceding sophomore game)
- Our half time performance is 8:30 PM (approximate time, pending the flow of the varsity game)
- For both performances, our alumni band members will perform from the front sideline; no marching is required!
- Performing and non-performing alumni alike are invited to sit with the band in the south end of the bleachers during the game
- THANK YOU to the nearly 150 alumni who have already filled out the google doc…WOW!
- If you would like to join us, please fill out the google doc by 9/5: https://forms.gle/1Lfm1bUypWBFk79m9
- Alumni performer shirts not yet paid for should be paid for at the game ($10.00 cash)
- We would be grateful for any help you can give in spreading the news to all of our alumni in your digital networks
Our Historical Photo Archive Project
Likewise, we would be grateful for any photos including our former directors, such as Mr. Swanson, Mr. Hiorns, Mr. Idaszak, Mr. Sirvatka, Mr. Roth, Mr. Landes, Mr. Tropp, Ms. Cappelletti, and Ms. Vazquez, Ms. Kott, etc.
If you have any good/fun photos/videos from your time in our Music Department, we would be grateful if you could take a moment to share them here:
Our original musical revue, “USO Big Band Show” received one of the staggering SIX national Downbeat and Music For All awards earned by your LHS Music Department in the last four years!
This fun musical revue will be performed again in 2024 and will be the final home campus performance event of Mr. Miller’s 30th and final year as Leyden’s Music Department Chair. Two “USO Big Band Show” performances will be given: May 10 (7:00 PM) and May 11 (2:00 PM).
We hope you will Save the Date, as all Music Department Alumni will be invited to the performances and the ensuing celebration party and alumni reunion event following the May 11 performance.
Likewise, a number of Music Department Alumni will have an opportunity to participate in the show.
Associated details will be forthcoming in early 2024!
FYI, photos and video of the “USO Big Band Show” below