Rewards For All Participants:
- ALL students successfully participating in Marching Band earn one semester of academic class credit that counts toward a student’s grade point average, graduation requirements, and class rank.
- ALL students also benefit academically because marching band is not time-intensive during the fall when students have studies/other activities. All of the rehearsals except five occur during the summer.
- ALL students gain leadership opportunities/benefits from participating in the Marching Band.
- Because Marching Band is voluntary, every student in the organization genuinely wants to be here. This makes for a very positive class environment where students work together as a team to achieve.
- Accordingly, ALL students benefit socially from making great friends in this type of positive ‘family’ atmosphere, enjoying great parental support and involvement.
In addition to benefits outlined above, Summer School Marching Band students also:
- Get a fun-filled summer seeing old friends and making new ones (about 220 of them)
- Get a fun weekend performance tour to Cedar Point Amusement Park
- Get an exciting band camp experience
- Get a more relaxing and academically successful fall season
- Get a better educational experience, and consequently perform a better show
- Get a three month ‘head start’ on getting to know friends and their way around the school
- Get to rehearse Symphonic, Concert Band, and Orchestra literature at the very beginning of the school year.